AOSP based ROMs like Lineage OS doesn’t come with Google services preinstalled. So, you need to manually install the compatible Gapps package on your device. There are many custom Gapps packages available on the Internet but we recommend you to install Open Gapps as they are the ultimate Google services pack you’ll find. You need to download Gapps for Lineage OS based on the device architecture and OS version. We will help you with the installation process.
Download Gapps for Lineage OS
Since Lineage OS is currently coming in Marshmallow and Nougat flavors, we will provide you links for Android Nougat and Marshmallow Gapps. Follow the below instructions to choose the compatible Gapps package for your device.
- As you’re checking this page, we hope you’ve already installed a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM. If not, install it first.
- Make a backup of all the necessary files on your device.
- Make sure you’ve at least 60% battery on your device.
Check CPU Architecture
First, you need to check the device architecture to choose the compatible Gapps package. So, download the CPUZ app from below link and check your CPU architecture.
Once you install the CPUZ app, open it and click on CPU icon. You’ll find the CPU architecture information here. It should show something like Arm, Arm64, x86, x86-64.
Download Open Gapps for Lineage OS
The Gapps for Lineage OS comes in many packages like Aroma, Super, Stock, Full, Mini, Micro, Nano, and Pico. You can get a complete info of what’s included in the package from the OpenGapps Github page.
Download the variant depending on the Google services you want and the system size on your device. We would recommend you to go with Mini or Mirco Gapps as you can download the rest of Google apps from Play Store anyway. Download the Gapps package based on your Lineage OS version.
Download Gapps For Lineage OS 15
- Lineage OS 15 Gapps for ARM Devices – Download here
- Lineage OS 15 Gapps for ARM64 Devices – Nano | Micro | Pico | Base
Download Gapps For Lineage OS 14.1
Download Gapps For Lineage OS 13.0
How to install Gapps on Lineage OS
- Download and transfer the Gapps package to the internal storage of your device.
- Reboot into the TWRP/CWM/Philz recovery on your device using any 3rd party app or the hardware key combinations meant for your device. [Tip: Google “Your Device Name + Recovery mode” Ex: “OnePlus 3 recovery mode”]
- In the recovery menu, click Install and select the Gapps package you’ve downloaded.
- Install the selected Gapps file on your device.
- Reboot once the flashing is completed.
That’s it! You’ve successfully installed Gapps for Lineage OS on your device.